Motorcycle accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and deaths to motorcyclists. Injuries sustained in these accidents may include paralysis, limb loss, brain and organ damage, and shattered or fractured bones.
When a motorcycle accident was caused by a defect in one of the vehicles involved or by driver negligence, the injured motorcyclist or deceased motorcyclist’s family may be entitled to compensation through legal action.
The Miami motorcycle injury attorneys at the Shaked Law Firm have represented the families of those who were killed in motorcycle accidents in wrongful death lawsuits. Our motorcycle injury lawyers have also represented motorcycle drivers who were seriously injured in motorcycle accidents in Miami and throughout Florida.
Our Miami Motorcycle Injury Attorneys have represented many types of motorcyclists, including:
- Weekend motorcycle riders
- Law Enforcement Officers
- Touring Motorcyclists
- Police Officers who operate motorcycles on the job
- Motorcycle club members
- Riders who use motorcycles for daily transportation
The top reasons for motorcycle accidents according to the Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at the Shaked Law Firm in Miami are:
- Head-on Collisions – If a vehicle drifts over a center line or if someone enters a highway going in the wrong direction, the results can be deadly. Serious injuries and fatalities occur in a motorcycle involved head-on collision.
- Distracted Drivers – This is probably the fastest growing cause of motorcycle and car crashes. Anything that takes a driver’s attention away from the serious responsibility of driving a vehicle sagely is a danger to us all.
- Vehicle Driver Inexperience – Younger and new drivers simply haven’t accumulated the necessary hours behind the wheel. So every emergency situation is a new experience. Sometimes they make the right decision, but most often they do not and someone gets seriously injured or killed.
- Fatigued Drivers – A drowsy driver is a danger to everyone including their own passenger. It only takes a second for an accident to begin.
- Roll-over accidents – Some motorcycle injury victims are hurt as a result of other collisions that occur seconds before such as roll-over car wrecks. Our Miami Motorcycle Accident Attorneys have helped motorcycle riders who were injured in secondary crashes.
- Left-turn Accidents and Failure to Yield Right-of-way – Motorcyclists are constantly challenged at intersections by cars and trucks that make left turns in front of them. Some drivers don’t look twice and they should. Shaked Law supports motorcycle safety programs, such as the “Look twice – Save a Life”.
- Drunk or impaired Drivers – Drunk and impaired drivers are a danger to everyone, especially motorcycle riders.
- Speeding cars and trucks – Car and truck drivers who do not obey the speed limits place all of us in danger. High speed accidents can result in immediate death to all involved.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Miami
If you are a loved one was hurt or killed in a motorcycle crash, call the Miami Personal Injury Attorneys at the Shaked Law Firm. We have helped clients from the communities of Miami, Hollywood, Miami Gardens, Homestead, North Miami Beach, Wilton Manors, Pompano, Hallandale, Edgewater, Miami Shores, Weston, Florida City, Fort Lauderdale, South Miami, as well as many other neighborhoods in South Florida.
Call us today for a free consultation: 877.529.0080